Recorded already in 1381 as close to a spring of "God´s Water". Albrecht of Waldstein, the generalissimo of the 30 years´war, had the curative mineral water taken along on his campaigns. The spa itself originated in the 17th century. Some of the original spa buildings still exist. The important buidings are for example a wooden pavilion of 1803, the women bath-house, the theatre and a small chateau. Half kilometre from spa is a restaurant in a giant barrel.